- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ a cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- ½ a cup of dates (packed tightly)
- 2 Tbsp of melted Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water
- 3 Tbsp of honey (or pure maple syrup/coconut nectar/RMS)
- 1/2 cup of melted Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or you could use pure vanilla powder or scrape out the vanilla seeds from one vanilla pod)
- 2 cup of cashews, soaked in plenty of water overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1. To make the base, first soften the dates by covering with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain well and squeeze out as much water as possible - this step is optional but does makes them easier to blend.
2. First blend the almonds, coconut and salt. Add the rest of the base ingredients and blend or pulse to combine.
3. Press the mixture into a lined cake tin. Leave it to set in the freezer while you make the cheesecake topping.
4. To make the cheesecake drain and rinse the cashew nuts, place cashews with all other ingredients except for the blueberries in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. This can take a couple of minutes depending on the blender or processor that you are using, the longer you blend it the smoother it will become.
5. Pour half the vanilla cheesecake mixture over the base.
6. Add the blueberries to the blender and blend again until smooth.
7. Carefully pour the blueberry mixture over the top of the vanilla and leave in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours before slicing.
8. Once set the cake can be stored in the fridge. It also freezes well too.
GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, EGG FREE.